Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Wanted to do some Greek cooking and came across this recipe. Haven't tried it yet so let me know how it turns out!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup red wine
- Heat oil and brown shanks on all sides, then remove from pan.
- add garlic to pan and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Season shanks with salt, pepper and rosemary then return to pan.
- Pour in wine and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer until shanks are tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.