1/1 Photo of Lamb, Shallot and Date Tajine
1 hr 30 mins
Lovely, warm, spicy Mediterannean notes. Good winter fare. This recipe is from Paul Merrett (Fresh Food).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/4 lbs leg of lamb, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 18 whole shallots, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pint lamb stock (or chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 preserved lemon, rind of, minced
- 4 ounces pitted medjool dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1Place the lamb in a bowl and add the ground coriander, ginger, saffron and olive oil.
- 2Mix well and leave to marinate for 24 hours.
- 3Brown off the lamb and set aside.
- 4Fry the shallots until lightly golden then add the garlic and the lamb.
- 5Add the flour, tomato puree and cinnamon stick.
- 6Stir in the lamb stock and bring to the boil.
- 7Cover tightly and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Add the parsley, coriander, lemon rind, dates and honey.
- 9Accompaniments Serve with spiced couscous.
- 10This sounds like the type of thing that might work well in a crockpot.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb, Shallot and Date Tajine
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: