Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
From http://flavours.travelsouthusa.com/southern_recipes/?recipe=17 Accompaniment: Sauté together: Artichoke Hearts, Tomatoes, Roasted Red Peppers, French Beans, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Garlic.
- 12 ounces lamb, medallions (inside round)
- 12 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, the zest
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly pound lamb medallions until they are ¼ inch thick.
- Marinate medallions in the marinade mixture for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove lamb from the marinade and lightly pound proscuitto ham on top.
- In a hot non-stick skillet, add the lamb medallions and cook for 1-½ minutes on each side until cooked to your desired temperature.