1 hr 15 mins
Browned lamb fillets, subtley flavored with fresh spinach and carrots, wrapped in a sheet of buttered phyllo, baked and served with a simple reduction sauce. I love to serve this at dinner parties. I have prepared the rosettes and sauce up to 1 1/2 hours before baking and reheating the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 lamb fillets, cut from rack or loin (5-6 oz)
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets (17x13 inch)
- melted butter
- dry breadcrumbs
- 18 large spinach leaves, blanched,drained and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium carrots, cut julienne,blanched,drained and patted dry
- 1Rosette: Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medum high heat.
- 2Add fillets, 3 at a time, quickly brown on all sides, remove to a plate and reserve skillet.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4For each fillet, brush one sheet of phyllo with melted butter, fold in half crosswise, brush with butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 5Lay 3 spinach leaves at one end of the sheet, pat fillet dry (reserving plate juices for sauce), season with salt and pepper and place on spinach.
- 6Top with carrots, fold in sides of the phyllo sheet, roll up and place seam side down on an oiled baking sheet.
- 7Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- 8Sauce: While rosettes are coking, return skillet to medium high heat, add onion saute briefly add garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, plate juices and stock.
- 9Bring to a boil, cook until reduced by 1/3, remove from heat, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Rosettes
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 637.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: