Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted in reply to a request.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean lamb stew meat, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon leaf lard (can sub butter or oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 sage, leaf chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- Place lamb in large skillet with lard, over high heat, brown well on all sides.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and sage and continue browning a little longer.
- Sprinkle meat with flour, using a wooden spoon, press the flour into the meat.
- Add vinegar and water, mix well, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook slowly for about 40-45 minutes or until meat is almost done.
- If gravy gets too thick or dry while cooking, add a little water.
- Mix chopped anchovies with 1 teaspoon water, and add them to the meat.
- Cook for 1 minute longer, then serve.