Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I haven't tried this yet. From Sunbeam Slow Cooker Recipe Booklet.
- 1 1⁄2 kg boneless lamb roast, easy carve
- 1 -2 garlic clove, slivered
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (400 g) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Using a very sharp knife make small incisions all over the roast, stuffing each with a sliver of garlic and a sprig of rosemary.
- Heat oil in large fry pan, cook lamb on all sides until browned. Remove and transfer to slow cooker.
- In the same pan, add butter and cook the onion for 1-2 minutes or until transparent, place in slow cooker along with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low 6-8 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve slices of lamb with beans and parsley sauce.
An excellent, excellent preparation for our lamb leg. It was bone-in, about 1 3/4 kg and I used 7 1/2 hrs at low. It was melt-in-your-mouth tender. The butter beans were a great complement to the dish. Thanks for posting, mariahswind!