Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A simple roast dinner.
- 2 lbs leg of lamb
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 white onions
- mint sauce
- Preheat the oven to 290°F
- Scrub the potatoes and cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- Cut the onions in half.
- Place vegetables in roasting pan and put on bottom rack of oven.
- Coat the leg of lamb with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Use a sharp knife to cut small incisions in lamb. Fill incisions with the garlic and rosemary.
- Place the lamb on the middle rack of the oven, over the roasting pan so it will catch all the drippings.
- Roast for about 90 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven, cover with foil, and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Serve with mint sauce and roasted vegetables.