Recipe by ellie_
We really enjoy this homey dish. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1985)
Top Review by Bev
Outstanding Lamb Stew! There is nothing I would change in this recipe, except to make it again and again : ) Serve with a little mint jelly on the side and some white bread to sop up the gravy! Thanks, ellie, for a recipe I will undoubtedly use over and over again : )
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lamb stew meat, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 10 small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a soup pot or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add lamb, onions, bell pepper, garlic, paprika and cumin and cook stirring frequently until onions are browned (10 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes, potatoes and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and cover, simmering until tender (1 3/4 hours).
- Stir in green beans and simmer until beans are tender (15 minutes).