Recipe by dale!
Lamb is beautifully complimented by garlic and lemon thyme. This smells so good and has a lovely delicate and unusual flavour.
Top Review by Gidget
We had this for dinner tonight and it was superb...however I couldn't get my hands on lemon thyme so i used regular and added a little lemon juice..I can't wait to try it with lemon thyme. I tried this after you posted it in the forum. Cheers
- 1 lb lean lamb steaks
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon thyme, stalks removed
- 3 -4 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the lamb in a skillet or frypan.
- Combine the chopped garlic and lemon thyme leaves.
- Place all of the thinly sliced potato in a large bowl and mix with the garlic and thyme mixture.
- You can also add salt and freshly cracked black pepper here if you wish.
- Place half of the potato mix in a casserole dish, top with the lamb and cover with the remaining potato making sure you get all the garlic and thyme into the casserole.
- Pour the stock into the casserole until the potatoes are just about covered but not quite.
- Bake at 160-180 degrees C for about an hour until the potatoes are very tender.
- You can bake it with a lid on for a soft top or off for crispy potato slices on top.
- This will fill your house with the mouthwatering smell of lemon thyme.
- The lemon thyme has a delicious delicate taste so don't overpower it with too much salt and pepper.