Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nepali Smoked Leg of Lamb. It is an elegant dish commonly served in parties.
Make and share this Lamb Poleko recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs leg of lamb, butter-flied
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, chunks
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- melted butter, for basting
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground szechuan peppercorns (timur)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all rubbing ingredients.
- Apply rubing mixture all over butter-flied lamb.
- Allow marinating for overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place lamb piece on a cutting board, spead mango chunks, black peppercorn, timur peppercorn and chopped cilantro on top, and roll over tightly.
- Secure with a twain.
- Fire up a charcoal grill.
- Clean the grill surface thoroughly.
- Grill the marinated lamb, frequently turning and basting with melted butter until cooked through, i.e.,its internal temperature reaches 160°C.
- Take meat off the grill and let rest for ten minutes.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Arrange slices on the bed of rice pilaf, stir-fried vegetables, supplemented by tomato achar.