24 hrs 35 mins
All-in-one dish. A great taste of my childhood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the rice in a bowl and cover with hot water and stir in 1 TBSP salt, let stand for 30 minutes then rinse until the water runs clear.
- 2Bring the cubes of lamb to the boil in 6 cups of water and simmer, skimming occasionally. Lower the heat and cook until the meat is tender. Strain off the liquid into a bowl.
- 3Finely chop the onions and gently fry them in melted butter, add the cooked meat, and stir over the heat for few minutes, then add the carrots and stir briefly with wooden spoon.
- 4Add 2 1/2 cups of the warm meat stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil and add the rice, stir and lower the heat. Cover and cook until steam for 12-15minutes (or until steam holes appear on the surface. Remove from the heat, cover with a dry kitchen cloth and replace the lid . Set aside for 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in the allspice and cinnamon and serve hot.
- 6Note: Beef maybe substituted for lamb, but cooking time will be a bit longer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 499.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 20.5 g