Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
A Sheperds Pie with a twist! this delicious Lamb pie is topped with mashed potato flavoured with Dijon mustard which gives a real tangy flavour. Lovely comfort food, make sure you have enough for second helpings!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 500 g lamb, lean, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 150 ml water
- 2 lamb stock cubes
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
- cornflour, to thicken
- 800 g potatoes
- 1 onion, small
- 1 tablespoon mustard, Dijon grained
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Brown the Lamb in a medium saucepan until it changes colour. Add the chopped and diced onion, celery and carrots and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the stock cubes. and water - making sure that it only just covers the meat and vegetables, add the Worcestershire Sauce, Rosemary salt and pepper Simmer for 20 minutes until well cooked, thicken with cornflour.
- Place in a 12 inch square dish and leave to cool.
- Peel the potatoes and small dice the onion, boil until cooked. Mash and add the Dijon grained mustard, mix well and carefully cover the top of the meat.
- Cook in a hot oven 200c for about 35 minutes, until golden brown and serve with fresh vegetables.
- Freezes well.