Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Crunchy, tasty and easy to prepare. Mint sauce could be used but I prefer the taste of the lamb rather than the mint.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley (cilantro is good too)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons melted margarine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorn
- Tie meat together and saute on all sides till brown.
- Mix bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, salt& butter.
- Coat cooled lamb with Dijon mustard.
- Dot with peppercorn.
- Pat bread crumb mixture over lamb.
- Roast on a rack at 350 for 2 hours.
- Cool 10 min, untie& cut into 8 slices.
I can't give you a star for this technically because I didn't make this dish, however I have used your dish as an inspiration for my recipe and I wanted to thank you for it... So an unofficial five stars from me for an excellent base and I plan on coming back and making this one day too! Recipe #485484 ps. GOOOOD call on the mustard!
I liked the flavour of this, but most of the crumbs fell off. This may have been my fault but I did follow the recipe exactly. I think next time I will try using the crumbs over lamb chops & I'll post another review.