Recipe by -Sylvie-
This is really tasty. Makes a light main dish when served with flatbread and salad. I have also used sambal oelek instead of the harrisa paste which worked just as well. Prep Time includes chilling. Coriander in this recipe refers to fresh coriander leaves or cilantro.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
As you can see from the photos, we made these as burgers instead of baby patties, and I had to omit the bulgur wheat, because I didn't have any on hand...but the cool part is that we actually ground our own lamb to make the burgers! And we put the fresh spices right in with the chunks of leg of lamb into the grinder so the burgers were incredibly flavorful! It was my first time using the meat grinder attachment to my kitchen aid and it was so much fun! Want to get your husband into the kitchen, start the meat grinder! We've made these again since then too. We love lamb burgers!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 100 g bulgur wheat
- 400 g ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mint, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Yoghurt and Cucumber Dressing
- 1⁄3 cucumber, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 200 g plain yogurt
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the lamb patties put the bulgur wheat in a bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside and allow to swell.
- Mix the lamb mince and crushed garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped mint, coriander and the harrisa paste.
- Squeeze the water from the wheat and add to the meat, mix well.
- Form the mix into little patties, roughly the size of a flat golf ball.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry until cooked through and golden, 5-10 minutes.
- For the dressing put the grated cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with salt, leave for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the cucumber dry and mix with yoghurt and mint.
- Season with black pepper to taste.