Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Rachael Ray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce (several drops or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, finely chopped
- 2 lemons (1 zested and both juiced)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 2 cups arugula leaves, chopped
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 -4 radishes, sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1⁄3 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Heat a grill pan, large skillet, or outdoor grill over med-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the lamb, onion, spices, tomato paste, hot sauce, salt, pepper, pine nuts, and lemon zest.
- Form twelve 2 to 2 ½ inch balls.
- Flatten the balls into patties and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Grill the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Hold the cooked patties on a plate under foil.
- In a large, shallow platter mix the mint, cilantro, parsley, romaine, and arugula with the tomatoes, radishes, scallions, cucumbers, and bell pepper.
- Dress the salad with lemon juice and salt; toss, then dress with extra-virgin olive oil to taste.
- Top the salad with the lamb patties and serve.