Recipe by JustJanS
Lamb Mince (ground lamb) is really reasonably priced in Aus, so I'm always looking for new ways to use it. This one is good IMO. You can find recipes for mixed spice here on Recipezaar or pumpkin spice is similar I believe. Prep time includes soaking of bulgar and refrigeration of patties.
- 1⁄4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 400 g ground lamb (minced lamb)
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons currants
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (for cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the bulgar in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain well, squeezing to remove excess water.
- Place all ingredients (except olive oil) in a bowl and mix well with your (clean) hands.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the mix and roll into a ball. Place on a tray and flatten slightly. Cover the patties with plasic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cover the base of a non-stick frying pan with oil and cook patties in batches over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Good served with tabouli, yoghurt and Lebanese bread.