Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Succulent lamb steak coated in onion, garlic and herbs in its owned steamed parcel. Try serving with greek butter bean salad.
- 1000 g lamb leg steaks, bone in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Cut four 40cm circles out of baking parchment. Rub each circle with a little olive oil, then place a leg steak on one half. Scatter over the onion, garlic, oregano, and a little salt and pepper.
- Top with a bay leaf and then fold in half to form a semi circle. Fold over the edges to seal then, just before you have completely enclosed the steak, pour in a little white wine, then finish off the folding, ensuring that the steaks are completely sealed.
- Place the parcels on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Carefully transfer each parcel to a plate and serve.