Recipe by DrGaellon
This will also work well in a slow cooker. It's equally good made-ahead and reheated.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs leg of lamb, cut into 3/4-1-inch dice
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves
- 12 ounces pitted black olives in brine, 5 ounces drained weight to give 1 1/4 cups
- 1⁄2 cup caramelized onion (from a jar)
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 0.5 (750 ml) bottlefruity red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put all of the ingredients into a casserole or heavy based pan, pouring in the wine last and giving everything a good stir.
- Bring the pan to a boil, then clamp on the lid and put into the oven for 2 hours or until the lamb is very tender.