Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The title doesn't sound like much, but it is very good. I love lamb, but often can't afford good cuts. I find crock pot cooking Lamb Necks is cheap good eats.
- 2 lbs meaty lamb necks
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown the lamb necks in a bit of oil.
- Made a sauce in a small bowl by mixing the tomato sauce with the remaining ingredients on down the list.
- Place the vegetables in the crock pot. Pour over half the sauce and mix to coat the vegetables.
- Add the lamb necks, and pour the rest of the sauce over top.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
A delicious, warming supper for winter that stretched a 350g lamb neck (bone in) over several meals. Paired it with colcannon (prepared with half cabbage and half chard and less butter) on some nights, and with brown rice on other nights.
Excellent winter choice for alternative to beef dishes. This blend of spices is excellent. Sounds like a contest winner.
This is EXCELLENT! Hearty, flavorful and delicious; and easy to throw together. I did not have allspice so I substituted with some ginger, cinnamon and paprika. I also added four potatoes because my son doesn't like sweet potato. This was perfect because there was more sweet potato for the rest of us. The aroma was intoxicating. I will make this dish again. Thank you.