Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great for summer a light and fresh lamb curry with mint and coriander. this curry is not spicy but has a slight kick!
- cube lamb and cut off any fat.
- Put the lamb, onions, garlic, ginger, tumeric and chicken stock in a heavy based saucepan over meium heat.
- Bring to simmer reduce to low heat and cover for 2 hours.
- Place the coriander, mint, chillies, lemon juice and 2 tablespoon of the cooking fluid into a food processor.
- Process to fine consistency.
- Add to curry 5 mins before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Please note de-seed the chillies if you do not want the curry to be too hot otherwise leave them inches.
There were some gaps in the instructions of this recipe. I went on the assumption that the lentils were there to thicken the sauce. I started by browning the lamb, then removing. I then cooked the onions in ghee, adding the garlic and spices for a few minutes at the end. The ginger is listed in the instructions but not the ingredients. I went with 1/2T grated. I returned the lamb to the pan and picked up at step two. I also decided to add the lentils at the stage, since the recipe didn't specify. From here I followed the recipe. The end result was delicious. The lentils gave the sauce a really smooth flavour and consistency, and the mint was quite refreshing. The rating is based on the final dish with changes and guesses. This made 8 servings for us. Made for PAC Fall 2009.