Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the most brilliant way to use left over lamb. I tend to shred whatever's left on the Sunday lamb joint and turn it into these delicious strudels which, when paired with a salad such as my fennel, orange and olive salad make a lovely, light supper.
- 300 g cooked lamb, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 25 g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Mix together the lamb, mint jeey and pepper sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Open out a sheet of filo pastry and scatter over one quarter of the mixture. Fold 1cm of the edges on the longer side of the pastry over the filling, then roll up like a Swiss roll. Arrange seam side down on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Repeat to make 4 rolls. Brush with melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden brown.