1/1 Photo of Lamb Mince Curry (Kheema Shahzada Sort Of)
1 hr 20 mins
I got this from an Indian cookbook, but we have simplified it over the years so it could be made reasonably quickly for our Friday curry night after work. Our boys loved this even before they thought they liked curry! This is the most cooked recipe from the cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped into large dice
- 1 inch cube gingerroot, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 fresh red chilies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or a little more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
Grind the next two ingredients separately (mortar and pestle is good)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook gently about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- 2Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the spice mix and ground poppy and sesame seeds for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 3Add the lamb and fry until all the liquid has evaporated (about 10 minutes) stirring frequently.
- 4Add the turmeric, stir and fry 30 seconds.
- 5Add the salt and water and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Meanwhile, put the milk and fried onions into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- 7Stir this milk mix into the meat and bring back to the boil.
- 8Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the gravy is thick.
- 9Add the chopped coriander and cashews and cook a further 5 minutes.
- 10Serve sprinkled with extra chopped coriander.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Mince Curry (Kheema Shahzada Sort Of)
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.3
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 677.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: