1/4 Photos of Lamb Meatballs with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
Kelly M.'s Note:
These flavorful meatballs are cooked with a spicy tomato cream sauce. It has a fairly nice kick to it without being over-spicy. Delicious served over rice. Would go well with a nice green veggie on the side! Reminds me of Swedish Meatballs, only better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1For the meatballs, in a large bowl combine the lamb, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and garam masala and mix well-- use your hands, they work the best!
- 2Roll the mixture into 1" meatballs.
- 3You should gat about 16 or so.
- 4In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- 5Add meatballs and fry until browned on all sides.
- 6While the meatballs are browning, place tomatoes in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- 7Remove meatballs from skillet, leaving drippings in the pan.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Reduce heat a little, and add the onion to the pan drippings and saute until softened.
- 10Add more oil if needed.
- 11Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 12Add the pureed tomatoes, curry powder, cayenne pepper and sugar.
- 13Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine.
- 14Add 1 cup of the chicken broth to the skillet.
- 15Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 16Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 17Add half and half, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring well to blend.
- 18Mix remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and flour in a small cup until smooth, and add to skillet.
- 19Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add meatballs, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 20Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Meatballs with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.3
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 198.3 mg
- Sodium 1278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 29.8 g