Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We really enjoyed this dish. I would suggest doubling the sauce because there is very little at the end. From Sunset Favorite Recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, extra lean
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 red bell peppers, strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a bowl combine the lamb, beef, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and eggs.
- Mix well and shape into balls about 1 1/2-2-inches in diameter.
- Place balls in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a 500ºF oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan; add peppers, onion, and water; saute, stirring often, for about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add sour cream and stir until heated through- do not boil.
- Add the hot, cooked meatballs, including any juices, and stir just until well coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat.