1 hr 40 mins
A Mediterranean-inspired dish. I serve it with a Greek salad and crusty bread. Yummy!! 1 hour chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock or 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium, if using canned)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat the egg.
- 2Add in the ground lamb, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, milk, dill, salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Shape lamb mixture into 1-inch balls; place balls on a large baking sheet with a rim.
- 5Bake in a 400° oven for about 10 minutes or until browned.
- 6Take out of oven and set aside.
- 7Bring to chicken stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- 8Add in the orzo; stir to combine.
- 9Boil for 1 minute.
- 10Transfer orzo mixture into a 2 1/2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray; spread mixture out evenly.
- 11Place meatballs on top.
- 12Decrease oven temp to 350° and bake, covered, for 40-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 13Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Meatballs and Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.3
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 634.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 31.0 g