What is more Greek than a Lamb Meatball Sandwich? Posted for ZWT 9 from three hundred sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 whole pita bread
- 1 cup arugula
For yogurt sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix meatball ingredients into a bowl.
- 3Form 2-inch diameter sized meatballs with your fingers (this recipe yields 12-15 golf ball-sized meatballs) Line up the meatballs on a baking sheet, and pop in the oven.
- 4Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5While meatballs are baking, mix all of the ingredients for your yogurt sauce together in a small bowl. Place in refrigerator.
- 6To make sandwiches, toast pita, and slice pita in half. Slather the inside of each pita with the yogurt sauce. Tuck arugula into each pita.
- 7Slice meatballs in half and tuck halves into pitas and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Meatball Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.9
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 610.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of