Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Recipe+ and their mid week meal feature. They also suggested you could use balti or rogan josh curry paste instead of korma and use pumpkin in place of kumara/sweet potato. Serve with basmati rice and pappadums.
- Combine mince and garlic in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Roll level tablespoons of mince mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a large deep grying pan over high heat and add meatballs and cook and turn for about 5 minutes or until browned all over and remove from the pan.
- Add onion to pan and cook and stir over moderate heat for 5 minutes or until soft and then add curry paste and cook and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil and then add kumara and cover and cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- Return meatballs to pan and add beans and cook curry covered for 10-15 minutes or until kumara is tender and meatballs are cooked.
- Spoon rice into shallow serving bowls and top with meatball curry and serve with the pappadums.
Yum! I used rogan josh curry paste and it was great served as suggested. Only change I made was to rest a little at the end uncovered but still on the hotplate just to let it thicken up and cool a a little while I prepared the pappadums and served. I'd never tried kumara in a curry before but it suited it really well and made a pleasant change from regular potoatoes.