- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lamb, onion, garlic, cumin, and salt; mix lightly and shape into 1-inch meatballs. Brown the meatballs in large skillet over medium high heat turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile bring broth to a boil in large saucepan; add the broccoli and tomato. Return to a boil; reduce the heat and cover.
- When the meatballs are browned, remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Add to the broth.
- Add the beans and thyme; simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.