southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Simple and easy--this is a dinner for a quick night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine lamb, onion, garlic, cumin, and salt; mix lightly and shape into 1-inch meatballs. Brown the meatballs in large skillet over medium high heat turning occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile bring broth to a boil in large saucepan; add the broccoli and tomato. Return to a boil; reduce the heat and cover.
- 3When the meatballs are browned, remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Add to the broth.
- 4Add the beans and thyme; simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Meatball and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.7
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 1078.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g