Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good and spicy maranide for lamb. Recipe comes from Gar Woods Grill & Pier Restaurant in Lake Tahoe. Prep time does not include marinating Or cook time.
- 2 ounces fermented black beans
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 6 ounces soy sauce
- 6 ounces dry sherry
- 1⁄3 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 orange, zest of
- Rinse black beans, lightly dry and then mince beans.
- Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Take Rack of Lamb (or other cut) and give it a nice coating of marinade.
- You can even surmerge it.
- Let it Refrigerate over night for the best flavor.
- Remove the lamb and gently wipe off the bones, which will prevent the bones from getting to charred when cooking.
What a big hit these were! Made them for Mothers Day and boy did they dissappear fast! I used 3 baby racks of lamb.