Jim H-S's Note:
Use fresh thyme to give this great liver dish a different twist. My kids even like this, not sure where I got the recipe from, I think it was in the Daily Telegraph!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g tiny new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 340 g lamb liver
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper (black)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 30 g butter
- 85 g streaky bacon, unsmoked rinds removed, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 large tart dessert apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small fresh thyme sprig
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (Lee & Perrins)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Boil the potatoes for 10 mins, then drain well and cut in half. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy pan. Fry the potatoes until golden and then transfer to a plate.
- 2Season both sides of the liver slices with the salt, some pepper and the paprika. Melt the butter in the frying pan until it is hot, then brown the liver on both sides. Move the liver to a plate and keep warm.
- 3Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the bacon, onion and garlic in it, stirring all the time until golden brown. Mix in the apple and cook for a further two minutes Then add the tomatoes, thyme and the worcertershire sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 4Stir the potatoes into the sauce and arrange the liver slices on the top. Cover and heat throught for 3 or so minutes more. Season with a bit more pepper, sprinkle the parsley over the top and serve. Great with home baked brown bread!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Liver & Bacon With Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.2
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 345.8 mg
- Sodium 604.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs