Top Review by sharron cant
I tried chanterells mushrooms as that was what I had and it was outstanding. Mt guests all asked for the recipe. My wine choice was [ blue moumtain pinot gris 1998] sharron cant
- 4 (1/2 lb) lamb leg steaks
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 lb chevre cheese (or other goat cheese)
- 4 ounces maple syrup
- 4 ounces capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to saute
- 1 sprig rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (if you can't drink it don't use it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper lamb leg steak.
- Grill or broil (approx).
- Prepare sauce: Sauté sliced shiitake mushrooms in olive oil (approx), add leaves of rosemary, deglaze pan with wine, rid alcohol (smell will go from dry to sweet), add flour to make roux.
- Lower heat to low.
- Add diced parts of chevre.
- Continue stirring mixture until cheese is integrated.
- After cheese is fully incorporated into sauce add capers and maple syrup.
- Stir through.
- Serve (I like garlic smashed potatoes and broccoli).