Recipe by Timothy H.
Bought a lamb awhile back, thought of trying this and it turned out and tasted great.It is easier to do the lamb than a chicken.
- leg of lamb
- 1 1⁄4 dry rub seasonings (your Favorite)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the lamb under cold water. With a sharp knife, cut slices in the fat all the way around the leg, being careful not to cut into the meat. Pat dry with a paper towel. Roll the leg in the rub or drizzle all around the leg.
- Insert the skewer threw the leg length wise next to the bone. Tie the wider end with cotton string to keep tight on the skewer.
- Cook on low or medium. I did the one pictured on medium for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I like mine medium or a little more done than most people. If you like it rare, I would cook it 1 hour, check the internal temp and go from there.