1 hr 20 mins
Based on a recipe from Soheila Kimberley’s cookbook, Taste of the Middle East. She says, “Koutlets are very tasty and are popular hot at a buffet or cold as snack or for picnics.” Serve with pita bread and an herby green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- 2Add the onion and parsley.
- 3Season with salt and pepper and beat together.
- 4In a saucepan large enough to hold the potatoes, add enough water to cover the potatoes, and bring to a boil. Add salt, potatoes, and boil 20 minutes, or until tender.
- 5Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- 6When potatoes are cool enough to handle, coarsely grate them.
- 7Add grated potatoes and lamb to the egg mixture and mix together. Knead by hand for 3 to 4 minutes until thoroughly blended.
- 8Take a handful of meat and roll it into a ball.
- 9Coat the meatballs with the bread crumbs, molding each into a triangle, about 5 inches long.
- 10Coat with the bread crumbs again.
- 11In a large frying pan, heat the oil.
- 12Fry the koutlets over a medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- 13Serve hot, garnished with mint.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Koutlets
Serving Size: 1 (1284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.2
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g