Recipe by I'mPat
Picked this up from the local supermarket where we are on holiday and they give a second recipe to use the left overs - great idea I thought. Times are based on the first recipe - the left over recipe given at the end of the directions.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Other than using chicken, I pretty well followed the recipe exactly and we enjoyed a delicious curry, always my first choice. I added a few peas and a lonely carrot that I had in the fridge, I was attracted to this recipe by its use of vegetables and simply augmented what was already suggested.
thank you Pat, really enjoyed this :)
Made for Oz/Nz recipe tag game PMMR Reunion tag
- 1 kg lamb (diced trimmed of fat)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion (chopped)
- 1 sweet potato (medium peeled and cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup korma paste (curry)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk powder (or coconut milk)
- 2 zucchini (medium sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup peas (frozen thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat lamb in 2 teaspoons olive oil and heart remining oil a medium saucepan, add onion and cook over low heat until soft, remove from the heat and add sweet potato.
- Heat a large frypan and brown lamb in 200gram batches and then transfer to the saucepan with the onion and sweet potato when browned.
- Add curry paste to frypan and cook for 1 minute before adding water and stir to combine and pour into the saucepan.
- Bring the saucepan to the boil and reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes and then add coconut milk powder, zucchini and peas and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with rice and mango chutney.
- LEFT OVERS - Curried Lamb and Chickpea Salad (serves 2 prep 5 minutes) - Prepare salad by combining 1 cup drained canned chickpeas, sliced lebanese cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes and lettuce leaves. Remove excess sauce from leftover lamb pieces and place on top the salad and serve with mango chutney.