Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is cooking as I am posting it and the smell throughout the house is terrific... You might opt to use fresh garlic & onion instead of the powdered version, as well as cheaper cuts of lamb w/ bone. And while the recipe doesn't call for it, a little curry may be a nice addition too.
- In a separate bowl, toss lamb with garam masala.
- Place potatoes in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Add seasoned meat.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour undrained tomatoes, raisins and water over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat for 4 to 5 hours.
- Ladle stew into bowls and top with yogurt if desired.