Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lovely Indian recipe!
- 1 lb lamb steak, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 ounces coconut, grated
- 4 ounces single cream
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 fresh cayenne pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 inches gingerroot, grated
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, whole
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Make a paste of the curry powder, Turmeric and chilli powder with a little water.
- Fry the onion until translucent in the veg oil then add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry on medium for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the curry and chilli powder paste and stir in and fry for a further 30 secs.
- Add the Lamb pieces and seal well on all sides.
- Add the cream, coconut, mango chutney and milk and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lamb is cooked, stirring constantly. If needed add a little water to prevent the curry becoming too thick or dry.
- Now stir in the garam marsala and finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for a further minute.
- Serve with the whole coriander leaves sprinkled over the top.