Lamb Kofta With Lemon Roast Garlic Yogurt
- If using bamboo skewers, soak these in water while preparing koftas.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Wrap up 7 of the garlic cloves in foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven. When cool, squish out of the skins into a bowl, discard skins. Mash with the salt to form a paste. Then add yogurt, fresh coriander, lemon rind and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Put crushed garlic, lamb, green onion, spices and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Divide mix into 8 oval shapes and thread onto skewers. Refidgerate 15 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat BBQ plate or chargrill to medium-high. Spray skewers with oil spray before putting them on. Cook 3-4 minutes, turning or until cooked through.
- Arrange koftas on a plater with lemon wedges and a bowl of yogurt mixture.