Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Super Food Ideas (Oct 2007). For the BBQ.
Make and share this Lamb Kofta With Lemon Roast Garlic Yogurt recipe from Food.com.
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
- 7 garlic cloves (to bake)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 200 g plain yogurt (natural)
- 1⁄2 fresh cilantro, chopped (coriander)
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 700 g ground lamb
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- lemon wedge, to serve
- If using bamboo skewers, soak these in water while preparing koftas.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Wrap up 7 of the garlic cloves in foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven. When cool, squish out of the skins into a bowl, discard skins. Mash with the salt to form a paste. Then add yogurt, fresh coriander, lemon rind and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Put crushed garlic, lamb, green onion, spices and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Divide mix into 8 oval shapes and thread onto skewers. Refidgerate 15 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat BBQ plate or chargrill to medium-high. Spray skewers with oil spray before putting them on. Cook 3-4 minutes, turning or until cooked through.
- Arrange koftas on a plater with lemon wedges and a bowl of yogurt mixture.