Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This slow cooked lamb recipe is a favorite celabratory dish in Greece. For added mediterranean flair, top the finished kleftiko willed broiled halloumi cheese - delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut a piece of aluminium foil to twice the length of a 2 liter baking dish. Lay the foil inside the dish and lay a piece of baking parchment over the foil.
- Place the potatoes in the dish with the lamb, onions, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, half the parsley and all of the broth. Mix well.
- Layer the tomatoes over the top, season with freshly ground black pepper then fold over the foil and baking parchment and secure by crimping the edges.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb is tender and the vegetables are cooked.
- Cut off and remove the top of the foil and baking parchment and sprinkle over the parsley to serve.