Recipe by Halcyon Eve
This delicious-sounding recipe is from TOH magazine. The marinade sounds like a garlic-lover's delight! Time doesn't include marinating (several hours or overnight), so be sure to allow for that--start it the night before or in the morning.
- 30 garlic cloves, crushed (about 1 1/2 to 2 heads of garlic)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint or 1⁄4 cup dried mint
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs lean boneless lamb, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked mini spiral pasta
- 2 cups bulgur
- 3 cups beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine garlic, vinegar, mint, and oil. Add lamb, seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- If using a charcoal grill, prepare coals for a medium fire.
- To prepare pilaf, melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion and pasta; saute until pasta is lightly browned. Add bulgur and stir to coat. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, drain lamb and discard marinade. Thread onto six metal or soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill kabobs on a covered grill, over medium heat, for 8-10 minutes or until meat has reached desired doneness, turning frequently.
- Serve kabobs with pilaf.