Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is from 365 Low Fat Meals. I’m posting this for ZWT3, Greece or Australia.
- 3 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 400. Place squash cut-side down, in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan; add ¼ inch and cover with foil. Bake 50 minutes or until squash is tender.
- While squash is baking, coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add olive oil and tilt to coat the bottom. Add lamb, onion, and garlic; sauté until lamb is brown, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off any fat. Add parsley, mint, currants, pine nuts, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in rice and tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
- Remove squash from oven. Reduce heat to 350. Drain off liquid from pan and blot squash dry with paper towels.
- Place squash, cut side up, in plan. Fill each hollow with ½ cup of the meat filling.
- Cover pan loosely with foil and bake 15 minutes or until filling is hot.