Lamb in Acorn Squash Halves
- Preheat oven to 400. Place squash cut-side down, in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan; add ¼ inch and cover with foil. Bake 50 minutes or until squash is tender.
- While squash is baking, coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add olive oil and tilt to coat the bottom. Add lamb, onion, and garlic; sauté until lamb is brown, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off any fat. Add parsley, mint, currants, pine nuts, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in rice and tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
- Remove squash from oven. Reduce heat to 350. Drain off liquid from pan and blot squash dry with paper towels.
- Place squash, cut side up, in plan. Fill each hollow with ½ cup of the meat filling.
- Cover pan loosely with foil and bake 15 minutes or until filling is hot.