Recipe by Carol in Oz
Not a lamb fan? THINK AGAIN!These are tender and delicious, crispy and tasty, BETTER than restaurant quality! You'll be proud to serve these on Australia Day...these are going to be a weekly feature on my menu as they are a big hit at my house! As with all my recipes, super-easy but looks like you put in mega-effort! Martha, eat your heart out!
- 10 lamb cutlets
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Slightly flatten cutlets with rolling pin.
- Dip cutlets in flour.
- Dip cutlets in beaten egg.
- Dip cutlets in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Place cutlets in hot oil and lower heat to medium.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, oregano and pepper.
- Cook cutlets until coating is browned and crisp.
- Turn cutlets over and sprinkle with garlic salt, oregano and pepper and cook until browned both sides.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over cutlets and serve hot with a selection of fresh chopped veggies, ie carrots, cucumbers, and hot fresh garlic toast.