Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachel Ray. Yummo!
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground lamb
- 1 slice bread, finely crumbled
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 poblano chiles, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 pita bread
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, and 1/4 tsp ginger.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine lamb, bread, 1 1/2 tsp cumin and remaining ginger & season with salt and pepper.
- Form lamb into 4 inch patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook patties until just firm (about 6 minutes on each side).
- Transfer patties to a plate.
- Using the same skillet, add peppers, onion, garlic and remaining 1 tsp cumin and cook until onions are crisp/tender (about 5 minutes).
- Wrap pita bread in foil and keep warm in the oven.
- Slice the lamb patties and add back into the frying pan and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.
- Remove pitas from oven and top with the yogurt sauce and lamb mixture and fold over to serve.