Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found a gyro recipe and completely tweaked it to be more to my taste, and it turned out great! TammieV's Gyro Sauce is great on it! Gyro Sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb lamb, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 6 -8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces Greek olives, pitted
- flat bread or pita bread
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat; add onions and garlic and saute for five minutes. Add red pepper flakes. Add lamb and cook until there is no pink left.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, oregano, cumin, and pepper. Mix, and add to lamb, stirring well to evenly coat the lamb.
- Cook for five minutes, then add the sliced mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. Cook until fully heated.
- Serve on flatbread or pita bread: sprinkle feta cheese and olives to taste (about one ounce of each), add the lamb mixture. Add a cucumber sauce if you like, and serve.