Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Make and share this Lamb Fricassee recipe from Food.com.
- 2 kg lamb, with the bone cut into large cubes (tas kebab)
- 1 kg of mountain greens (including white beet, sweet radish, black mustard)
- 750 ml retsina wine, concentrated
- olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- butter or olive oil
- some finely chopped spring onion
- bouquet garni
For the Sabayon sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juice of
- some stock
- Prepare a stock from the bones and the aromatic bouquet garni.
- Boil the mountain greens until "al dente" in half of the stock.
- Saute the lamb in butter and then add to the other half of stock.
- Add the vegetable stock to the lamb when it is ready.
- Cook the lamb until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Retain some of the liquid.
- When the lamb is done, add the finely chopped spring onion and the concentrated retsina.
- For the Sabayon sauce: combine the stock retained from the lamb with the egg yolks, lemon juice, and some retsina over a pan of boiling water.
- Serve the meat in portions with the greens; pour the sauce over and a little aromatic oil (prepared with fresh greens, salt, pepper and olive oil put through a blender and then strained).