1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
** Poppy **'s Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg lamb, with the bone cut into large cubes (tas kebab)
- 1 kg of mountain greens (including white beet, sweet radish, black mustard)
- 750 ml retsina wine, concentrated
- olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- butter or olive oil
- some finely chopped spring onion
- bouquet garni
For the Sabayon sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juice of
- some stock
- 1Prepare a stock from the bones and the aromatic bouquet garni.
- 2Boil the mountain greens until "al dente" in half of the stock.
- 3Saute the lamb in butter and then add to the other half of stock.
- 4Add the vegetable stock to the lamb when it is ready.
- 5Cook the lamb until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 6Retain some of the liquid.
- 7When the lamb is done, add the finely chopped spring onion and the concentrated retsina.
- 8For the Sabayon sauce: combine the stock retained from the lamb with the egg yolks, lemon juice, and some retsina over a pan of boiling water.
- 9Serve the meat in portions with the greens; pour the sauce over and a little aromatic oil (prepared with fresh greens, salt, pepper and olive oil put through a blender and then strained).
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Fricassee
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.0
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 405.6 mg
- Sodium 203.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 72.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: