1/8 Photos of Lamb for Learners! Redcurrant and Honey Glazed Lamb (Crock Pot)
8 hrs 10 mins
French Tart's Note:
This is the name that my daughter came up with, for my most requested lamb dish! She did not realise how easy it was to cook, as the results are so sophisticated and special! I have never made it other than in the crock-pot, but I am sure it would cook very well in an AGA or wood burning range......long and slow. This is an ALL YEAR around recipe, as we have cooked this in the summer and served this meltingly tender lamb with salads and crusty bread - as well as in the winter with mountains of mashed potatoes! The redcurrant and honey glaze is sensational, and makes the most divine gravy or sauce. Do not be tempted to use a cheap and low fruit content redcurrant jelly, it gives nowhere near the same taste and results as a high fruit jelly. I always use a leg of lamb for this dish - but I suspect that shoulder of lamb would work extremely well. Be warned......this is a fall off the bone, moist and very succulent way of cooking lamb!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If the leg of lamb is too big for your crock-pot, cut through the joint between the main leg and shank.
- 2Put 2 tablespoons water into the crock-pot and place the lamb inside.
- 3Spoon the honey, Dijon mustard and redcurrant jelly over the top of the lamb.
- 4Sprinkle the crushed garlic/powdered garlic, salt & black pepper over the top of the lamb.
- 5Cook on high for at least 6 hours and up to 8 hours - YES, on high! If it is a 4lb to 5 lb leg of lamb, these are the perfect timings - it falls off the bone and is moist and tender.
- 6About 30 minutes before serving, carefully ladle most of the juices out of the crock pot and into a large mixing jug. Allow the juices to cool and skim the fat that rises to the surface.
- 7Place the juices into a saucepan and bring to the boil, boil vigorously until it has reduced by about a half - you now have the most wonderful gravy or sauce to serve alongside the lamb!
- 8Take the lamb out and allow to "rest" for about 10-15 minutes before carving and falling in love!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb for Learners! Redcurrant and Honey Glazed Lamb (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.3
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 42.3 g