Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the old Plaza Hotel in New York City
Make and share this Lamb Filling for East Indian Samosas recipe from Food.com.
- Soak saffron in water.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Stir in ginger, garlic and onion.
- Fry until onions are golden, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in salt.
- Add the lamb, the red pepper and garam masala and the saffron soaked in water.
- Cook 10 minutes over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook about 15 minutes more, stirring once or twice.
- When the lamb mixture has lost most of its moisture and becomes an almost solid cake in the pan, remove from heat.
- Cool before using.