7 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Dustin's Mom's Note:
This is a delicious Persian recipe. The crock pot gives the dish authentic flavor without the all day fuss. Serve with basmati rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium eggplants, peeled and quartered long-wise
- 1 lb lamb, cut into cubes all visible fat removed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1THE NIGHT BEFORE:.
- 2Prepare eggplant by laying on paper towels and sprinkling with salt.
- 3Let sweat for 15 minutes, blot water, turn over and repeat.
- 4Saute eggplant quarters in non-stick frying pan sprayed with Pam until tender but not limp.
- 5Store in refrigerator until ready to place in crock pot.
- 6Dredge lamb in flour.
- 7Heat oil in same non-stick frying pan.
- 8Saute lamb and garlic until meat is brown on all sides.
- 9Store in refrigerator dish along with onions, mint, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and pepper until ready to place in crock pot.
- 10IN THE MORNING BEFORE GOING TO WORK:.
- 11Spray crock pot with Pam.
- 12Place lamb, onion and spices in crock.
- 13Top with diced tomatoes.
- 14Stir just to combine.
- 15Lay eggplants over lamb mixture.
- 16Pour tomato sauce over eggplants.
- 17Top eggplants with slices of ripe tomato.
- 18Cook on low all day, up to 10 hours.
- 19Serve over basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb & Eggplant (Aubergine) Stew
Serving Size: 1 (799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 843.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 24.1 g