Wendys Kitchen's Note:
A dish that is a complete meal. Indian spiced lamb with flavourful lentils as an accompaniment. Cooking time includes marinating overnight. The curry sauce refers to Patak's Rogan Josh sauce which is available worldwide. Or any other store bought curry sauce will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 350 g red lentils, washed and drained
- 1 liter water
- 1/2 bunch mint, chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1To Cooks the lentils:.
- 2Heat oil in saucepan.
- 3Fry onion, garlic and all the spices until onion is soft.
- 4Add lentils and water and bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Stir occasionally until lentils start to "mush".
- 6Add more water if necessary.
- 7Remove from heat and stir through mint and coriander leaves.
- 8To Cook Lamb:.
- 9Place cutlets in dish. Mix curry, mint, yoghurt, brown sugar and pout over lamb.
- 10Marinate lamb for 2 hours or overnight.
- 11Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius and bake cutlets for 15-20 minutes (medium to welldone).
- 12To Serve:.
- 13Spoon lentils into centre of plate and top with lamb cutlets with a dollop of extra yoghurt, spinach leaves and mint on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Cutlets With Red Lentils, Ginger, Coriander and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 108.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks of lamb